To make web apps work offline use Cache Manifest
- CACHE MANIFEST - Files listed under this header will be cached after they are downloaded for the first time.
- NETWORK - Files listed under this header require a connection to the server, and will never be cached.
- FALLBACK - Files listed under this header specifies fallback pages if a page is inaccessible.
CACHE MANIFEST: /theme.css /logo.gif /main.js NETWORK: login.js FALLBACK: /html/ offline.html # would serve offline.html as a fallback
Once an application is cached, it remains cached until one of the following happens:
- The user clears the browser's cache
- The manifest file is modified
- The application cache is programmatically updated